8.24.2011

Favorite Salem secret (again)

Kelsey Wilson was just featured in the Statesman Journal Young Professional spotlight, and said her "favorite Salem secret" is "Pringle Creek Community. It's the perfect place to ride bikes, have a picnic or go for a walk."
Thanks Kelsey! You aren't the only one who loves this place.
Julia McFerron told the Statesman Journal that Pringle Creek was her "Favorite Salem Secret" last year too, and we have a lot of friends that come here just to enjoy the 12 acres of natural open space and well-designed streets -- like living in a park. It's beautiful, as you can see from these photos taken in front of the Root Cellar, gardens, and creek by Katie Brown Photography.
Thanks Kelsey! We're glad you like coming here!



Today's Young Professional: Kelsey Wilson
August 21, 2011
Name: Kelsey Wilson
Age: 29
Residence: Salem
What I do at work: Public Affairs Manager at Vox Public Relations Public Affairs. I am responsible for
client account management, new business development and government
relations, including lobbying.
What I do on my time: I spend my spare time with my husband, Andy, keeping up with our two boys, Avery (5) and Riley (3). I have a feeling that my "soccer mom" days are just beginning. I also enjoy working in the yard, playing golf and spending time with my extended family. I'm a member of PRSA, OSAM, the president of my neighborhood homeowners association and an active parishioner at Queen of Peace.
Why I work and live in the Mid-Valley: I was born and raised in Salem. We lived in Portland for a couple years, but when we had kids we came home to be close to grandparents. Salem is a great place to raise our family and I don't see us ever leaving!
What's my favorite Salem secret: Pringle Creek Community. It's the perfect place to ride bikes, have a picnic or go for a walk.
What's something people wouldn't guess about me: I played college golf at Gonzaga University and, back in the day, my handicap was two.
What was I like at 12 years old? Pretty much a goodie-two-shoes.
My smartphone: iPhone 4.
Twitter or Facebook? Both.
I'd love to have lunch with: Tiger Woods. I'm in awe of his golf talent, but would also like to
know what the heck he was thinking?

Salem Area Young Professionals is focused on showcasing Salem as a choice destination for
young professionals while establishing Salem's next generation of business and community
leaders. Information: www.salemyoungpros.com.